Resin Bound Training Courses
Derbyshire Specialist Aggregates - the manufacturer and home of DALTEX Dried Aggregates has over 35 years' experience in the aggregates industry and we are committed to promoting the highest standards of resin bound installation.
We run two courses - one for those who are new to the resin bound industry and one for more experienced resin bound contractors who wish to become a DALTEX UVR System Qualified Installer.
NEW TO RESIN BOUND TRAINING COURSE WANT TO BECOME A DALTEX UVR SYSTEM QUALIFIED INSTALLER?
NEW TO RESIN BOUND - ONLINE LEARNING
In response to COVID, we have developed a comprehensive online resin bound training course which allows easy access to all the information required to complete high-quality resin bound installations to BBA accredited standards.
The course is FREE as we want to support everyone in the industry in these challenging times.
Part 1: An Introduction to Resin Bound (Theory) - FREE
Part 1 contains all the essential information you need to install resin bound to BBA accredited standards.
With over 50 in-depth modules, this online training has been specifically designed to be easy to understand and completed at your own speed, in your own time.
It includes a series of 'how to' videos and step-by-step instructions for every stage of installation.
The topics included are:
- An Introduction to Resin Bound
- The Difference Between Resin Bound and Resin Bonded
- The Benefits of Resin Bound vs Other Surfaces
- Where Can Resin Bound Be Used?
- SUDS and SUDS Compliance
- How to Choose Resin and Resin Bound Aggregates
- The DALTEX UVR System
- Why You Should Use a BBA System and Install to BBA Standards
- Choose High Quality Resin
- Choosing Resin Bound Aggregates
- Resin Bound Colour Range and Trends
- Recommended Mix Specification
- Use of Catalyst/Accelerator
- How to Mix Dried Aggregates and Resin
- The Role of the Mixer
- The Role of the Troweller
- The Role of the Luter
- The Do's and Don'ts of Resin Bound
- How to Conduct a Site Survey
- Resin Bound Base Requirements
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes
- Customer Aftercare and Maintenance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Multiple Choice Tests on Key Question
- Dew Point and Site Survey Charts
A Certificate Will Be Sent Out on Successful Completion Of The Course
INTRODUCTION TO RESIN BOUND (PART 1 - THEORY) - FREE
Due to COVID we have developed this online course and waved all costs. Click Here to access part 1 for free.
Part 2: An Introduction to Resin Bound (Practical)
PLEASE NOTE: Part 2 is currently on hold due to COVID.
Part 2 is run from a purpose-built centre in Derbyshire. This optional course is practical and hands-on and focuses on mixing and trowelling techniques. Part 2 costs £49.00 per person (ex vat) and includes:
- Half-day training course
- Mixing & Trowelling techniques
- Includes a FREE Hygrometer & Thermometer
- Free DALTEX Sample Case worth £20
Please contact us today if you are interested in registering.
DALTEX UVR SYSTEM QUALIFIED INSTALLER
BECOME A DALTEX UVR SYSTEM QUALIFIED INSTALLER AND GIVE CUSTOMERS THE ASSURANCE YOU INSTALL TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS
We all understand that customers need to be confident they are choosing a resin bound installer who can deliver the driveway of their dreams. By becoming a DALTEX UVR System Qualified Installer, you can give customers peace of mind, letting them know you use the highest quality materials - exactly as instructed by the manufacturer and BBA accredited guidelines.
To become a DALTEX UVR Qualified Installer, you must have attended a Derbyshire Aggregates Training Day ane have completed 6 installs. You will need to pass a subsequent site audit and be willing to complete the required paperwork for each project.
Please note that the certification is awarded subject to a contractor agreeing to the codes and standards set out in training and continuing to meet the required installation standards. Certification may be removed for non-compliance.
The DALTEX UVR qualification is renewable annually following successful completion of a site audit. (There will be no further charge for this audit.)
DALTEX UVR SYSTEM QUALIFIED INSTALLER - £75 pp (ex vat)
- Half day training course
- Site Audit
- Includes a Free Hygrometer & Thermometer
- Free DALTEX Sample Case worth £20
For more information or to book, please contact us today, letting us know which of the courses you are interested in.