Resin Bound Training
Derbyshire Specialist Aggregates – the manufacturer of DALTEX dried aggregates - has over 30 years experience in the aggregates industry. We are committed to sharing our extensive experience with contractors in order to promote the very highest standards of professionalism in Resin Bound installation.
That is why we have invested in a purpose built training centre at our manufacturing site in Derbyshire and why we offer FREE places on our Resin Bound training course – a course which is run by experienced independent contractors who are able to answer all the practical questions which you may have.
As one of the most comprehensive courses available, this one day course has been designed to be practical, informative and hands on. Typically run in groups of 8, where questions are actively encouraged and you will have the opportunity to try out some of the techniques you have learned.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided and typically the day will start at 9.30am and finish at 3.30pm.
A certificate of attendance will be provided at the end of the day and there is also an opportunity for a site tour to see where the magic in the manufacture and packing of DALTEX dried aggregates happens if you wish!
The topics included are:
- Resin Bound systems overview.
- Advantages compared to other surfacing solutions.
- How Resin Bound systems work.
- The advantages and disadvantages of the different Resin Bound systems available - including SUDS regulations.
- Resin Bound external - Specification and base build up.
- Preparation of the site including Health and Safety.
- Ratios of Resin and Aggregate and Application theory.
- Aggregate specification and suitability.
- Resin specification and recommendation - UV or Non UV.
- Introduction to essential equipment.
- How to mix the resin and resin products.
- Installation process – mixing, luting, trowelling.
- Site clean down.
- What can go wrong, Including troubleshooting, temperature fluctuations and weather interruptions?
- Survey and quotation process, estimating materials.
- Practical demonstration of trowelling. – Your chance to practice what you have learned under our guidance.
Reviews from recent attendees
Had an absolutely fantastic day last week at the resin bound training course at Derbyshire Aggregates. I must say that is one of the most in depth courses I have ever been on and literally by the time you leave there is not 1 bit of information missed out. This is by far the best surfacing product the market at the moment and I am looking forward to been able to suggest this to new or existing customers in the future. - HP (Jan 2018)
Found the course very informative and helpful, I am considering a career change and going on this course has been really helpful, Wayne was excellent in his explanations and the set up and location cannot be faulted. I will really be recommending Derbyshire aggregates if asked. Once again thanks. - WT (Feb 2018)
Many thanks for the course yesterday - we found it really informative and useful. - CD (Feb 2018)
It has been a massive learning curve for myself and the crews and each and every one of us has taken positives out of today’s events. It was presented really well and your workshop ticks all the right boxes. Really impressed with your product and research in all of this. Keep up the good work - LB (Dec 2017)
The training day was definitely an eye-opener. Wayne explained everything in simple terms so everybody could understand the answers to all the questions which myself and others in the group asked him. In all it was a excellent day. Many thanks! - AC (Nov 2017)
Thanks for the training today, it was very informative and answered a lot of the concerns I had about pit falls and limitations! - DB (Nov 2017)
We found you all too be very helpful and the course was very informative. - RP (Nov 2017)
The day was very enjoyable, relaxed and professional. I really enjoyed it and learnt a lot, I think the way the course was carried out was spot on. - MF (Nov 2017)
First delegate free of charge. Subsequent delegates from the same business just £75.00 (ex VAT).
Our Resin Bound training courses are run regularly. For more information or to book, please contact us.